31313 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT EV3
Love robots? Build your own machines using the 31313 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT EV3 to make it do what you want!
Mindstorms is a subtheme of the LEGO Technic line that uses a combination of LEGO System pieces and TECHNIC building elements in its sets. The subtheme was first unveiled in 1998 as a product line that features LEGO's most advanced technology. The theme includes sets that are controlled by a master brick, which can be programmed to interpret data, take inputs from attached sensors, and act on data received from output devices.
A typical master brick has four sensor ports, three motor ports, and a USB port. The sensory capabilities of the sets released under the Mindstorms theme are based on ultrasonic sensors, light sensors, thermometers, touch sensors, and light sensors. The combination of System and Technic pieces allows for the creation of LEGO robots that talk, think and walk.
The Mindstorms EV3 is the successor to the Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 kit, which is a second generation robotics kit also released as part of the Mindstorms line. The EV3 comes with an enclosed remote control that allows you to take on a host of ready-made missions. The heart and brain of the set is the EV3 Brick, an intelligent brick with ARM9 processor, USB port, input and output ports, and Micro SD card reader.
The EV3 Brick supports Wifi, Bluetooth and USB communication with a computer, and is compatible with mobile devices. The set includes over 550 Technic elements for creating programmable robots. Building instructions for one robot is included in the set, and you can access and download four building instructions and instructions developed by fans at the LEGO website (LEGO.com/mindstorms).
The website is also the perfect venue to share your very own Mindstorms creations to inspire other LEGO builders. By following the 3D building instructions found on the LEGO website, you can create R3PTAR, TRACK3R, GRIPP3R, EV3RSTORM , and SPIK3R.
- GRIPP3R measures over 11″ (30cm) high, 9″ (24cm) long and 7″ (18cm) wide
- SPIK3R (incl. legs) measures over 16″ (41cm) high, 14″ (38cm) long and 15″ (40cm) wide
- EV3RSTORM measures over 16″ (41cm) high, 7″ (19cm) long and 8″ (21cm) wide
- TRACK3R measures over 3″ (9cm) high, 10″ (27cm) long and 8″ (21cm) wide
- R3PTAR measures over 13″ (35cm) high, 31″ (81cm) long and 3″ (8cm) wide
- You can always add more parts using pieces from your existing LEGO collection, especially from the Technics range which uses similar parts to the Mindstorms kit.
Why not purchase your very own MINDSTORMS® NXT EV3 kit today?
No posts found